What’s causing your back to ache? Well, before we touch up on that let’s discuss what back pain is. Back pain, according to the Mayo Clinic, USA estimates that about 80% of Americans will suffer from lower back pain at least once during their lifetime. In fact, according to the Mayo Clinic, back pain is the most common reason why people are absent from work and visit the doctor’s office. Another health service, the NHS (National Health Service) that is located in the UK claims that back pain sufferers are mainly from working people, but there’s something deeper than working in an office that causes the issue. Despite so many people around the globe suffer from back pain, those the most effected are between the ages of 30 and 60 years.
The structure of back is very sophisticated and complex, the main structure of the back is spinal column. Spine is the body’s most important bone structure, which includes the cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral vertebrae . Since the back has a composition of muscles, ligaments, disks, bones, tendons, and other complex structures that are cushioned with cartilage pads, the problem with the above mentioned can lead to back pain; however, in few cases the source of back pain may not be found. According to the painful area can be classified as upper back pain, back pain, lower back pain and neck pain.
Best Air Mattress In This Summer ——- Relieve your backpain in a Cool Way!
Memory Foam Mattress Is An Ideal Way For Back Pain Relief
My Best Picks:
Top Rating Firm Memory Foam Mattress If you want to experience a pleasant and therapeutic sleep, consider the Gel Swirl Memory Foam mattress designed by Sleep Innovations. The mattress’ uniqueness lays in its ability to support your back, while keeping a high degree of comfort mixed with a stylish design. Its Gel-Infused memory foam doesn’t allow extra heat to penetrate, assuring a comfortable sleep at the perfect temperature. The 12-Inch Gel Swirl Memory mattress is made of 3 different layers. The 2-Inch thick top layer is made of memory foam mixed with gel, keeping your body cool while you sleep. The second layer consists of the air channel foam, while the 8-Inch bottom one provides support and improved durability.
Best High-End Quality Foam Mattress For Back Pain The dreamy mattress that helps relax and straighten your back is the DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams 13-Inch Gel Memory; What makes the mattress stand out is that it’s composed of several layers of foam that will help straighten your back, and heal any back issues. The top layer of the mattress is the 3 inch 4LB Gel memory foam. The second layer is the 2 inch of 5LB memory foam, followed with the base of eight inch high density foam. The foams are plush, but strong enough to support the body of anyone without building up their heat. In addition, the Gel-infused memory foamed mattress includes pure foam, so there’s instant comfortableness and sleep on contact.
Best Gel HD Foam Mattress For Back Pain Night’s Sleep treatment for your back pain, not the mattress! Even this Brentwood Gel Infused High Density Memory Foam Mattress. The 25-year warranty mattress is composed of 13 inches of thickness of ventilated layers and base that allows for air to flow through. By having air easily flow through the mattress, prevents the body from heating on the mattress, so you’re unlikely to wake up in a pool of sweat. How is this possible? Built inside there are millions of gel particles inside the mattress that allows it to keep cool, while allowing air to constantly flow through. In addition, other features of the mattress are that it’s naturally anti-microbial, dust resistant, and able to be rolled up for storage.
Best High Density Foam Mattress For Heavy People The Best mattress made for heavy people and curing the dreaded back pain is the LUCID 16 Plush Memory Foam and Latex Mattress. Have you ever had an allergic reaction to a bed mattress, or your skin is sensitive to such material? Then this mattress is for you as it’s composed of bamboo charcoal that’s hypoallergenic. Your orthopedic support is met as the mattress combines of both memory foam and latex that help to alleviate not only the back, but neck and shoulders. The 25 year warranty product has been praised by most customers for its 16 inch thickness of several layers that are incredibly comfortable, placing those who lay on it fast to sleep.
Best Latex Memory Foam Mattress For Backache Relief Many people in different fields know exactly how firm their mattress has to be for a good sleep. The Ultimate Dreams King Eurotop Latex one is that product you need, custom made to your desired level of firmness. This comfortable mattress is 12-Inch thick and features a 1.5-Inch thick Bamboo Zipper Cover. The cover is 100% biodegradable, and made of super soft reflex foam. This mattress includes a 3-Inch layer of Talalay Latex foam, which perfectly adapts to your body shape for good support. The 8-Inch thick base is made of Talalay latex. The mattress offers reliable protection against dust-mites and microbes, thanks to its ability to create an unwelcome environment for organisms to live in.
Best Handmade 12-in-1 Customizable Mattress – Your back you call the shots! Here we have a mattress that surely knows how to deliver a good night’s rest. This mattress can only be achieved by sleeping on your favorite surface, which can be soft, firm, or medium. It is better to be able to choose the bed’s firmness, and this is only possible with the DreamFoam Bedding 12-in-1 Customizable Mattress. All you have to do is to unzip the cover, rearrange the 3 different layers of foam, and then zip it back up. Each 3-Inch thick layer has the different color to help you differentiate, and these are white, red, and blue. This item has another advantage for those who prefer buying American products only: it is entirely made in the US.
Best Budget Therapeutic Mattress For Back Pain Nowadays, we often see people not focusing on their work as they should. What`s their problem, why are they unable to delivery. If you care enough to find out, you will see problems such as back pain and sleepiness. These problems arise due to deficiency of sleep. There are many causes of that; however the biggest one is inappropriate mattress. Seeing to this, Sleep Master has introduced their 6 Inch Therapeutic mattress. This mattress is the solution to many problems such as odor and hygiene. It`s easy to clean in addition of being comfortable and affordable. Moreover, it comes with 5 years warranty.
For more please read our best mattress for back pain reviews
What is the cause of back pain?
The first reason is due to strain that’s the common culprit in back pain. When muscles are strained it’s for the reason that one has lifted something too heavy, lifted something improperly, or moved awkwardly. Other reasons of strain are due to muscle spas and strained ligaments.
The second reason is due to structural problems such as ruptured disks to arthritis. A ruptured disk is when there is too much pressure on the nerve that causes back pain. The bulging disks can also result like a ruptured disk due to too much pressure. The sharp shooting pain as described after you’ve awakened from a peaceful dream mentioned above could very be sciatica that’s caused by a bulging disk or hernia disk. Though, the structural problems aren’t just limited to disks as other reasons can be due to arthritis, when the space between joints and the spinal cord become too narrow. Other factors such as scoliosis when the spine curves abnormally, and osteoporosis when the spine becomes too porous and brittle, increasing the chance of compression fractures to occur, can lead to back pain.
The third reason is due to a bad bed mattress. This is one of the main reasons why so many people suffer from back pain. A bed mattress is supposed to support your back by straighten it; however, as the bed ages its springs become worn out where you sleep most. This causes the bed at certain sections to become sunken it, making it uneven.
Why a good mattress is so Important for your back?
There are ways to deal with back pain; however, when it boils down to sleep, it’s important to sleep. Sleeping rejuvenates the body by repairing torn tissue and muscles and giving your pressured nerves and joints some relief. Sleeping on a professional bed mattress is a sure remedy to both ease and treats back pain. There are 3 ways that sleeping on a professional bed mattress can alleviate the issue.
- The bed mattress be no older than eight years as mentioned before the materials in the mattress break down over time, and become less supportive on the body.
- Create a supportive bed using plywood or by placing it on the floor for a stiffer and faster method.
- Learn body mechanics – Not sleeping on the stomach for lower back pain, placing a plush pillow underneath the knees, or underneath the legs to create a balance.
How to choose the best mattress for back pain?
When it comes purchasing the best mattress for back pain there are methods to go by. The worst thing anyone can do when purchasing a best mattress for lower back pain is to rush and not know what they’re looking for, only to take it home and find out it’s not for them.
- Have a firm understanding of mattress options. Are you looking for a mattress that has a classic firmness, but is of higher mechanical technology, or of a mattress that’s plush and works with just a remote? Take two examples, one mattress being memory foam, while the other is a sleep number. The memory foam is the kind of mattress that takes the molding shape of the person’s body when laid on, so this is an excellent choice for those who don’t move around a lot. Sounds great, right? Well, the drawback is that these kinds of mattresses retain the body heat, so you may find yourself in a pool of sweat when waking up. On the other hand, sleep number mattresses are either firm or soft depending on the remote number with a touch of a button. There are no ups or downs, but, unlike the foam mattress, doesn’t hold the memory of your body. Memory Foam mattress, Latex mattress, Innerspring mattress, Air mattress, or Mattress topper—What is the best mattress Type for back pain?
- Understand and research the brand names of bed. Some bed brands out there are well known, while others are not; however, those brands that little are heard of shouldn’t be discredited. There is the case of well-known bed mattress claiming they’re the best, only to fail in performance, the reason being it doesn’t personally meet your demands to treat your back pain. For instance, a brand name boasts about a high count of coil, but don’t be fooled as this doesn’t mean it’s a higher quality mattress. Mattress with a large number of independent coils may be better for those who are light sleepers, the reason being when a partner shifts of gets out of bed, you’re not disturbed by the fluctuation.
- Test the mattress before you buy it. That’s correct. It’s like the popular fairytale of Goldilocks and three bears when it comes to testing each one. You’ll discover that not all mattresses are created equal – some are hard and firm as a fist, while others are as soft as a feather, perhaps too soft. Make sure to test out on the most expensive mattresses first, so you can have a feel based on experience of the thick and firmness. You can go down by mattress price to see the quality difference. Spend at least more than 10 seconds on each bed mattress. If you find a mattress you enjoy; however, it’s too expensive you may negotiate with a sales person to lower the price.